If you're looking for a unique venue for your wedding reception, conference, business events or gala dinner, Christchurch Gondola's mountain-top function rooms are the ideal choice, offering spectacular scenic views across Christchurch and the Southern Alps.
Whisk your guests a kilometre above Christchurch by Gondola to the summit of Mt Cavendish, where a warm reception awaits. Superb food and warm, attentive service from Continental’s professional Event Team combine to ensure you have a relaxed and trouble-free event.
The Crater Rim and Pinnacle Rooms offer flexibility with the option of two separate meeting rooms or one combined event space with seating for up to 200 people.
Novel Wedding Reception Venue
Christchurch Gondola’s function rooms and dramatic scenic backdrop make a wonderful and unique venue for your wedding, creating a lasting impression long after your big day. Guests will arrive by Gondola to witness your mountain-top ceremony followed by photographs featuring breathtaking backgrounds. Our function rooms and indoor areas offer flexibility and shelter if the weather doesn’t play ball, and all your catering needs will be taken care of by the excellent Continental Event Team. Relax and enjoy your day knowing everything has been taken care of.
The function rooms are a scenic Gondola ride up to the top of Mt Cavendish. The Gondola base station is a 20-minute drive from central Christchurch at 10 Bridle Path Road, Heathcote Valley.
Features and Facilities
- Venue licensed until midnight with no noise restrictions
- Crater Rim & Pinnacle function rooms located on a separate floor to the Gondola’s day visitors
- Drinks can be served on the outdoor balconies
- The day-time cafe can also be used for pre-dinner drinks in the evening
- Catering organised by Continental’s professional Event Team
- Ample parking available at the Gondola base in Heathcote
Function Room Capacity
|Crater Rim Room||50||25||120||80|